Wednesday 12 March 2008

Drake's Bay

This will be a short one as I am borrowing someone's computer to send this. Just wanted to tell you know that I finally did my first open water dive in warm water with fantastic visibility. Just came back from sitting on the ocean floor 3 feet away from white tipped reef sharks (them watching me watching them), stingrays, hornbeak turtles, and a myriad of beautiful colourful fish - I think I probably died and went to heaven. Didn't sleep too well last night and couldn't eat or drink anything (a first.......for me....) and this morning my dive master took just me out and down we went for 2 x 45 minute dives at 18 meters - absolute magic. (with lunch in between dives....)

The place we are staying in here is wonderful and D was up at 5:00 am (I had been awake all night so noted the time!!!) to go on a bird spotting trip with a guide so he is a happy bunny too.

Hope all well, will catch u with you ll soon, and bore you to death with the usual photos.

Doug & Pilot before flight to Drakes Bay
Flying to Drakes Bay 1
Flying to Drakes Bay 2
Drakes "International" Airport
Our room at Aguila de Osa Inn, Drakes Bay
Outside our room 1
Outside our room 2
Toucans 1
Toucan 2

Spent a day trekking through the Corcovado National Park...

Corcovado National Park 1
Corcovado National Park 2
Sloth- remind you of anyone???
Spider Monkey
Morpho Butterfly
Coati
Agouti
White faced Capuchin Monkey
Iguana
Brown-footed Boobies
Bottlenose Dolphin
Diving Pic 1 - Trunk Fish
Diving Pic 2 - Hawksbill Turtle
Diving Pic 3 - Coral
Diving Pic 4 - White Tip Reef Shark
Diving Pic 5 - Moray Eel
Diving Pic 6 - Annie & New Friend!!
Annie & Vincent- Dive Instructor
Ted chilling....
Scarlet Macaw
Local shop at Drakes
Trekking in forest

and that's it for this trip....

With love as always, Annie x

No comments: