Saturday 23 February 2008

Among the Ticos

Arrived in the middle of last night after nearly 30 hours travelling... Phew, so guess who is a bit grumpy this morning??? Then had a message from the airport pickup that we were booked into a different hotel from that originally booked so it all starts positvely as usual! To be honest I didn´t care one way or the other all I wanted was a bed.

Woke this morning to brilliant sunshine, 29c and set out to explore a bit before jetlag kicked in. Not a particularly pretty city and I feel right at home as the Ticos (Costa Ricans) are all short (and the older ladies are a tad on the wide side, young ones being gorgeous of course!!).

Beer is good, can see me eating a lot of rice and beans whilst here but lots of slabs of meat so D a happy man...... Ticos seem to be very friendly and now looking forward to getting going proper. Have no idea when I will be able to write any more, but there is so much to look forward to and cant quite really believe we are finally here. As I have been writing this it has started the daily afternoon rain, so it is a bit cooler, not much else to report at the moment.

Centre of San Jose

No comments: