Thursday 25 June 2009

Mongolia - my childhood dream trip - and China

28th June to 28th July 2009
Leaving tomorrow morning to fly to Beijing (via Dubai) for the first part of our 4 weeks away. This is going to be an amazing trip. - I am so lucky!
We start in Beijing, travel on the Trans-Mongolian Railway to Ulaanbaatar, fly from there down to Khangoryn Els, spend some time riding camels in the Gobi desert, move on to Yalm Am, Onglin Khild, Kharkhorin, Erdene Zuu, Refugio and the White Lake. Spend some time at the Naadam Festival (3 days of wrestling, archery and horse riding as far as I can see, a very big deal in Mongolia!), then visit the Khorgo Volcano, on to Jargalant, Muran and spend 3 days at Lake Khavsgol before returning to Ulaanbaatar. Fly back to Beijing, see Tianamen Square and the Forbidden City, Summer Palace and the Great Wall. Then fly down to Xi-An and spent 2 days looking at the Terracotta Army before returning to Beijing and home - phew! That should keep me quiet for a bit. Have no idea what the internet facilities will be like so this may all be written when I get home (but I hope not) Staying in gers and visiting Mongolian familes will be a highlight, well one of many highlights as far as I can see!!
June - hope you are up for some blog posting (via email) if I can get them to you pretty please?




Beijing Station leaving for Ulaanbaatar











Deluxe Corridor....











Doug's first snack on the train
32 hours is a long time......







Teds ready for anything now!










No comments: